Show Up Utah Service InitiativeGive Back at #1UTspring
An integral part of Utah’s economy and high quality of life is the willingness of Utahns to volunteer, give back and serve others.
At the Salt Lake City One Utah Summit on May 10, 2022, summit participants will have an opportunity to contribute time and money by participating in First Lady’s Abby Cox’s Show Up initiative.
First Lady Cox has asked Utahns to show up for service 1 million times in 2022, and the One Utah Summit has organized activities to support her #ShowUpForService initiative.
The #ShowUpForService initiative is as simple as 1, 2, 3:
- See and highlight one act of service.
- Do two acts of service yourself.
- Invite three others to join in.
The summit’s Show Up Utah activity is brought to you by United Way of Utah and the Utah Inland Port Authority. At the summit, attendees will have opportunities to serve, including:
- Service projects assembling food and hygiene kits and teacher appreciation gifts
- Visiting with Utah nonprofits to learn more about their work and find ways to engage
- Donating to local nonprofits
- Signing up with nonprofit organizations to serve in ways that are most beneficial to their missions
There will be a variety of nonprofit organizations at the summit during the afternoon, and summit organizers have built-in time for attendees to participate in the service projects and talk with nonprofit representatives.
Show Up Utah will provide an opportunity for summit attendees to give back in meaningful ways and perhaps learn something new about the work of supporting Utah communities. It’ll also help us contribute thousands of acts of service to First Lady Abby Cox’s #ShowUpForService initiative.